Over the last 12 months I have heard various ‘commentary’ regarding my health.
Here are a couple:
- Just put a smile on your face
- You have to be stronger
- Depression? That’s for the weak
- You need to find your balls
- You need a backbone
- You can’t let it win
- You just need to stop being miserable
- Ah, you’re always crying. Stop it now
- You lack confidence
- You’ve just got to keep going
- You’re very lucky that work are understanding
- You’re really miserable
- You going to cancel again?
- Attention seeker
How does one deal with this?
Naturally, I smile, I nod and I say “yeah, you’re right. I know”.
But…do you know what I really want to say?
It starts with ‘F’ and ends in ‘off’.